Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Nashville, Grand Ole Opry, Carrie Underwood and Renewed Friendship!

Nashville was a success!  A quick trip with an old friend but packed with relaxation and new sites and of course, Carrie Underwood.  

Jen and Luke Fredrickson were kind enough to host me for the weekend and what wonderful hosts they were!  They fed me, drove me around and showed me the fun of Nashville.  And of course, we got to hang by their pool a few hours each day as well.  Can't get much better than that!  I've included a few pictures of the wonderful trip.  It was much needed and so enjoyable, I'm excited to go back and visit again soon.  Hopefully with my husband.  Maybe I can finally convince him to buy me some amazing cowboy boots. What better place than Nashville?!

If you aren't familiar with the Opry (I wasn't) you see about 8 different acts in the night, each only performing for 15min, 3 songs each, except for Carrie who was last and got a half hour.  We did get to see 1 comedian in the mix, he was actually quite funny.  Here's his website

If anyone is familiar with the show Nashville, the girls who play sisters are actually sisters in real life.  And they're amazingly talented.  They are Lennon and Maisy and are only 14 and 9 years old!  I've included a youtube video of one of my favorite songs they do.


The Band Perry also performed, I know most of you know who they are already so no need for a video, they did well though!

Here's Jen and a me in front of the Opry!


The adorable/beautiful Lennon and Maisy


The Beautiful Carrie Underwood!

Downtown Nashville Strip - they actually have a live band karaoke bar called The Wannabe's bar LOL



Famous bar Tootsies



And the 3 Amigos for the weekend
Again, a huge thank you to Jen and Luke for being amazing hosts and letting me come experience Nashville for the first with you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment